MSPrebiotic® Hemp Seed Powerballs
- ¼ cup Large Flake Oats
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Chopped Pitted Dates
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Cardamom
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1¼ cup Water
- 2½ cup Hemp Hearts
- ½ cup Chia Seed
- 6 Tbsp. MSPrebiotic®
Takes , serves 50 servings.
- Toast large flake oats at 400F until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Pulse in a food processor until fine.
- Combine oats with chia seeds, dates, brown sugar, honey, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg and water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir
- Pulse in a food processor until fairly smooth, about 5-10 pulses.
- Once the temperature has cooled below 60C, add the MSPrebiotic and hemp hearts. Pulse until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto a sheet pan and cool in the refrigerator.
- Once cooled, form the mixture into small balls about the size of 2 teaspoons.
- Combine the last of the chia seeds and hemp hearts in a shallow pan and coat the balls.
- Reserve in the fridge until use.
Important Note: Be sure to bring the temperature down to 60C to maintain the prebiotics functionality of MSPrebiotic®.