No more boring pasta or rice! Kick the flavor into overdrive with this homemade pesto recipe!
- 4 cups Fresh Basil leaves, packed (half can be baby spinach)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Pine nuts
- 2 tbsp Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp MSPrebiotic®
- Using a food processor, pulse basil leaves and pine nuts several times.
- Add garlic, cheese, and MSPrebiotic and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream, which will allow the mixture to emulsify and not separate. Occasionally stop and scrape down the sides.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Note: Remember not to heat MSPrebiotic® over 140°F (60°C) when preparing with food