MSPrebiotic® Pumpkin Pie Spiced Custard
- 2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp Ground ginger
- Pinch Ground cloves
- 1 cup Pumpkin purée
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1⅔ Almond milk, unsweetened
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. MSPrebiotic®
- 2 Tbsp. Vanilla Chantilly Cream (Optional)
Takes , serves 6 - ½ cup servings.
- Place all dry ingredients in a saucepan and whisk to combine.
- Add pumpkin purée and whisk again. Slowly pour in milk and stir again until well combined.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a low simmer and making sure not to boil while whisking often.
- Once it starts bubbling and getting thick, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until visible ribbon forms when spooning it across the top of the mixture.
- The mixture should be thick and jiggles when you shake it, once this happens switch to a rubber spatula for stirring to ensure that the custard is not sticking to the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and whisk. Let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Make sure that the temperature of the mixture is below 60°C. Once cool enough, add in MSPrebiotic and whisk to combine well.
- Transfer to a glass bowl or individual cups and cover with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap touches the custard to prevent a film to form on the surface.
- Refrigerate for several hours or until completely chilled and set.
- Serve individual cups.