MSPrebiotic® Watermelon Ginger Granita
- 2 Tbsp. Ginger Root, Peeled and Julienned
- ¼ cup Water
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Mirin, Sweet
- 4 cups Watermelon, Diced
- 6 tsp MSPrebiotic®
Takes 4 hrs - serves 6 servings (1 cup per serving).
- In a small sauce pan combine the sugar, water and ginger. Bring to boil and simmer for 1 minute to infuse the ginger flavour into the syrup.
- Remove from heat, let cool for 10 minutes. Once cool, strain out the ginger.
- In a blender combine diced watermelon, ginger syrup, MSPrebiotic® and mirin.
- Process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into an 8x12 pan and place in the freezer.
- Every 30 minutes remove the pan from the freezer, scrape and mixture with a fork and place back in the freezer. Repeat this process until fully frozen, about 4 hours.
- Once frozen, scoop granite into a bowl and garnish with fresh mint, and julienned ginger for a spicy kick.